RSS

Unaffected

Because of you, I know now. That sometimes, its okay. Its okay if I don't cross the finish line first. Its okay if I don't cross the finish line at all. Its okay if i just stay back and cheer for others.


If something is not going according to the plan, if something doesn't turn out the way you wanted it to-you have to learn to accept things. To let it go.

When we're all running after the same thing, fighting for the same thing and cribbing about the same thing, I learned from you how to stop. To breathe. And to look around. Then realize- it doesn't matter.
I learned from you- how to stop caring when you don't need to; and remain Unaffected.

I argued and I cried, I tried a hundred times. But I couldn't get what they had. But then I looked at you. You. Odd. You didn't want what everyone was after. You were happy, content, satisfied.
So Unaffected.
And I realized. Thats what I want to be.
Unaffected.

People fight around us, they shout, they argue about the smallest of things. I get sucked in. But then I look at you. And you remain Unaffected.

People want more. They become clones of each other, get dictated by each other and blindly wait for the next upgrade. But you remain Unaffected.
You do so well what I want to do.
Draw joy from trivialities in life. If things are not working out, be okay with it.
Not care what's being said about you.
To enjoy being on the Cheering Side.

And remain Unaffected. From things and people who don't matter. At all.
That how I wannabe<3

You May Have Won The Rat Race But You're Still A Rat.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

11 Reflections:

Unknown said...

This is exactly what i meant by my struggle with mediocrity.
It's so so difficult to let go, to accept when you are addicted to gettin the best, being the best.
But I'm really proud about you and happy for u, since this realization is a must. Earlier the better.
But let go should never mean give up.

Mishika said...

I'm proud of you :)

Srishti said...

@Misanthropist: Thank you! I'm making so many people proud...haha.

AMishika didi: Thank you! And your photo's in the school magazine! Cover page! You're grinning crazily...I think its the Investiture. And you're receiving something from the...chirpersom of DPS society! Wait, what was his name?

Ketan said...

Srishti!

This post of yours was eerily coincident in time with my 'favorite blogs post', and though I know it'd be mighty conceited to think both are related in any way, I'm just hoping they're not!

Did you get my email by any chance?

As regards this post, I'm very happy for you, and just like misanthropist above, can only congratulate you!

What you've realized is extremely important for a fulfilling life.

And in all sincerity, I'd not known of this aspect of your thought process as reflected by this post. Had you done this post before my updating the favorite-blogs-one, yours would have found a place (sic). But as I any way told you, you're a wonderful writer (and thinker, and a 'feel-er'; if thinking is a skill, so is feeling, really), and hope you continue to grow (minus your fear of growing :P).

Not sure if you've read this post of mine:

http://ketanpanchal.blogspot.com/2009/03/every-one-has-dreams-ambitions.html

TC.

Ketan said...

Srishti!

This post of yours was eerily coincident in time with my 'favorite blogs post', and though I know it'd be mighty conceited to think both are related in any way, I'm just hoping they're not!

Did you get my email by any chance?

As regards this post, I'm very happy for you, and just like misanthropist above, can only congratulate you!

What you've realized is extremely important for a fulfilling life.

And in all sincerity, I'd not known of this aspect of your thought process as reflected by this post. Had you done this post before my updating the favorite-blogs-one, yours would have found a place (sic). But as I any way told you, you're a wonderful writer (and thinker, and a 'feel-er'; if thinking is a skill, so is feeling, really), and hope you continue to grow (minus your fear of growing :P).

Not sure if you've read this post of mine:

http://ketanpanchal.blogspot.com/2009/03/every-one-has-dreams-ambitions.html

TC.

Srishti said...

Ketan.
Of course they're not related!
Do you think that I was SO hurt that I wasn't included in the list that I'd embark on Realization Mission and sit and write about it?!!
After all, you only said that the blogs you didn't choose do not reflect the quality of the blogs...err right?

Haha...this post has been written after observing someone (secret!) for a long time and learning from him. :)
Thank you so much for the congos!

Haha, don't worry...there's a next time for being in the list, isn't there?
And thanks once again for calling me a good writer/feel-er...it means a lot to me. I toh am already in awe of you and the way you think, the rationality, practicality et al. :)

Srishti said...

E-mail?
Yes, I received one from you!
Wait, I'll check it...

Material Girl said...

Dear dear baby: I must say I loved it, was truly bold, refreshing and most exhilarating.
I love the last quote about the rat race: say it to my materialistic highly ambitious friends all the time :)

I will leave you with a mismatched favorite quote, quite related by an opposing tangent, though:

“To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket- safe, dark, motionless, airless--it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable.”

Fondest regards
B

Srishti said...

Dear NM,
Thank you so much! Coming from you, it means a lot. This pales in front of anything you write; if I one day I become half as good as you, I'll consider my goal accomplished. I like this other quote too.
Thanks once again. :)

Material Girl said...

Srishti: I've been telling Ketan this, and I will repeat it to you as a command: Do not flatter me too much. For I inflate, beyond a doubt, in a bubble of arrogance and self importance ;)

But that said, thank you again, and you write beautifully. Pity I do not have the time to read and comment more often on your blog, but keep at it.

You have a gift, my dear :)

~Big momma ;)

Srishti said...

Hahahaha!
If I don't tell my mommy how good she is, then who shall I tell?